Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Beach Party at Old Navy!

You all know I love Crowdtap, but wow! My newest hosted party with them was for a beach party at Old Navy where me and three of my friends were treated to a swimsuit, flip flops, beach towel and beach bag! Each of us got all four items, and it gets better...it was free!!!


So when it was party day, I couldn't wait to get to the store and try on all those cute swimsuits! We met at my house around 4 pm and headed to the local mall. I chose to head to the mall because I thought it would be funner for the party, and it is also a much bigger store than others. When we got to the mall we headed right to Old Navy to get started.

As soon as I walked in the store, I couldn't believe how big the section was of swimsuits! It was huge! Walls and walls of bikinis! I was so happy we went to that store because the options were endless. We each grabbed a shopping bag and starting loaded up on styles we liked. I quickly had an entire bag full and headed the dressing room.

 
My sister picking out styles!

So many colors!

 
A full bag to try on!

The first style I tried on was this cute red polka-dot one piece. I have wanted a one piece for a while for swimming and playing in the water at the beach. I am not exaggerating when I say this suit was made to fit me! It was perfect, I rarely have clothing fit me like that. I also liked that it covered up my stomach, which automatically makes me look skinnier. I loved this suit, but ended up not getting it because I just wasn't used to a one piece and wanted something where more skin could tan. But I am still thinking of going back to get this one as well!
Love this one piece!

I have a hard time finding tops that fit me, so I usually just try on the top and then get the matching bottom at the end. Here are some other great styles I tried on: 




The swimsuit I ended up getting was actually my combination of two different bikini styles. I love this bright yellow/green color and the ruffles on the top look so cute. I like it because it is a different style than I am used to. Having a big chest, I usually stick to a halter top because it is the only thing that really fits me. This top fit great! It covers me really well and the strap doesn't hurt my neck because the top basically holds itself up. 

I picked the pink bottoms to go with it because I love mix and matching bikini pieces! It makes it more exciting that having a suit in all one color. I loved these bottoms because they have cute gold metal pieces on each side that gives it a little bit of bling! 

Don't you just love the pose? LOL

I wanted to mention that I took my mom along as one of the friends because I think it is important to note that Old Navy has clothing for everyone. I know they cater to younger women but my mom loved their swimsuits! She had no problem finding any that fit her body shape and she looked great!

Love the color of this suit! And she found some cute shorts to go along with it. 

Boy after all that trying on swimsuits I was wore out but we still had to shop for shoes, towels and bags! Old Navy has literally a giant wall of flip flops. They have ever color you could ever want! I ended up choosing a bright blue with orange strap. I just love the bright colors that are in style right now! And their flip flops are so comfortable, they don't even need to be broken in like some. I hate those flip flops that are stiff and hurt between your toes, but these from Old Navy were so soft right from the beginning. 

Flip flops in every color!




When we got to picking out beach towels, there wasn't a huge variety in what we had to choose from. I chose a blanket that has bright colors like yellow and blue. It seems pretty soft, but maybe a little thin. I am not sure I would pay the full price of the item if I was shopping at the store. But overall, a nice towel that I will be taking to the beach with me!

Different styles of beach towels

There was also a smaller selection of beach bags, but I guess anything would seem like a small selection after the amazing amount of swim suits they had. They were all made of a grassy/paper type material and dyed in different colors. I chose a blue and green one that reminded me of ocean colors. It also matched my new blue flip flops. The bag seems to be mad of really great quality and I love the leather style handle it has. 

They chose a rainbow colored bag. So cute!

Overall, another great party thanks to Old Navy and Crowdtap!! 

What I got for free!

Leaving the store, happy!

*  *  * 
We received our items at Old Navy for free from Crowdtap. The stuff was free but the opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment